Monday 3 December 2012

Prologue to my hamster book

Over the last few weeks I have been jotting down little scribbles of notes here and there about a book written in the eyes of a hamster.

It's nothing great, but I thought I'd share it with you anyway. So far I have only written a prologue and the 1st chapter, but if you readers like it then I may start writing it more. I don't really know yet...

So, without further ado, I give you the prologue:

After my peaceful dreaming of escape, I was rudely awoken by someone lifting my house right off my head! And, to add insult to injury, when I didn't stir instantly I was given a little poke. That was it, I turned around ready to give that person a good nip, but they were too fast. Next time I would get them good. When I finally stopped brooding over this rude breech of privacy, I took my time to look around. I almost had a heart attack too - there was someone staring right at me through the cage! I scarpered back a little then, away from the looming figure. They just laughed. I felt trapped. The figure moved through the room, peering in all of the cages. I noticed he was holding a small pierced container in his hand; he wasn't leaving empty handed by the looks of things. I tried to retreat back into my house, but the roof had vanished. I was left at the mercy of this curious figure. I was suddenly overcome with panic - what was I going to do? I certainly wasn't going anywhere with this strange figure who came in the day.

Hope you liked it, and please tell me what you think of it so I know whether to continue writing it or not!



2 comments:

  1. I think it sounds cute! I used to always want to be an author when I was a kid. I would write stories from animal's points of view. Anyways, it would be cool to say you've written a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Willow looks super guilty and mischevious in this picture haha! P.s. LOVE the writing, keep it up!! :D xx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, all comments are welcome!